Monday 14 August 2017

Romeo and Juliet ~ Romance

Lily James and Richard Madden

Credit ~ Johan Persson

Des'ree - I'm Kissing You


Pride can stand a thousand trials
The strong will never fall
But watching stars without you my soul cried
Heaving heart is full of pain
Oh, oh, the aching
'Cause, I'm kissing you oh
I'm kissing you oh
Touch me deep, pure and true gift to me forever
'Cause, I'm kissing you
Oh, I'm kissing you, oh
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Cause, I'm kissing you
I'm kissing you, oh


Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy written by William Shakespeare early in his career about two young star-crossed lovers whose deaths ultimately reconcile their feuding families. It was among Shakespeare's most popular plays during his lifetime and along with Hamlet, is one of his most frequently performed plays. Today, the title characters are regarded as archetypal young lovers.
Romeo and Juliet belongs to a tradition of tragic romances stretching back to antiquity. The plot is based on an Italian tale translated into verse as The Tragical History of Romeus and Juliet by Arthur Brooke in 1562 and retold in prose in Palace of Pleasure by William Painter in 1567. 
Shakespeare borrowed heavily from both but expanded the plot by developing a number of supporting characters, particularly Mercutio and Paris. Believed to have been written between 1591 and 1595, the play was first published in a quarto version in 1597. The text of the first quarto version was of poor quality, however, and later editions corrected the text to conform more closely with Shakespeare's original.

Love and light,
Trace
xoxo

No comments: